Rose water is one of those products you don't think you need until you try it and it's like, how did my skin make it this far in life without it?? It has anti-inflammatory properties, helps maintain the skin's pH balance, reduces redness, and controls oil.
Why is rose water so expensive when it's this easy to make? Gather your materials, honey. It's DIY time.
1 medium size pot
1 small spray bottle
1 mason jar
2 cups of fresh rose petals
4 cups (approx) of distilled water
1. Remove petals and rinse under running water
2. Place petals in pot and add just enough distilled water to cover petals - not too much!
3. Bring water to simmer on medium-low heat
4. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until petals lose color
5. Strain water into a glass jar and discard the petals
6. Once the rose water is cool, pour into spray bottle
7. Spritz and feel as amazing as Oprah sipping champagne in a bubble bath
8. Store any extra rose water in a mason jar and refrigerate to keep fresh